Wednesday, March 4, 2009

That's my girl

We enjoyed our quick trip to Utah this weekend for Dave's parents 50th Wedding anniversary. Dave and I were able to go skiing-BY OURSELVES- at Snowbasin. Wow that is an amazing resort. The snow was lousy, but it was a fabulous date with my husband. We had a great time riding the gondola up and talking with the other people on the lift. It must have been senior day on Thursday because there were so many older people up skiing and many of them had patched on their coats saying 70+ skiing club and 80+ skiing club. Can I say I was AMAZED. Kudos to those men and women who have beaten the odds and taken good enough care of themselves to still ski at that age! We were talking and said it cost us just as much to go skiing as it does to go to dinner and a movie and pay a babysitter. Dave enjoyed the next day snowmobiling with his brother. On Saturday we prepared for the reception for Dave's parents. We had it at the senior center in North Odgen, Utah. There were quite a few people show up. We had loads of fabulous treats and it turned out beautifully. Congrats Don and Tanny to a great 50 years and I know there will be many more.
My nephew's wife Cassandra was in charge of taking pictures and she did a fabulous job. She was asking Avery a a few questions and the conversation goes as follows:

Cass- "Avery, if your sisters Myah and Aurora had a foot race who do you think would win?

Avery- "HMM-I don't think either would win, I think my mom would win because she has three gold medals!" (finishing medals from 10K's and 1/2 marathons-they think they are fabulous)

Cass- "Do you think your Mom could run faster than your Dad?"

Avery-"Ah yes! I don't think I have ever seen my Dad exercise, especially not run!"

I promise- no brainwashing involved!

4 comments:

Beth said...

yes, that girl knows what's up! You are an amazing woman! Great role model. to all of us.

Tonya said...

I would totally bet on you in a foot race with just about anyone..lol

I'm glad you had a good time. It's going to be a fun week for you guys.

The Wheelers said...

That's AWESOME that you got such a fun date! I love the way Avery's mind works and it is just too cute!

Lyon Pride said...

I love how little kids are so proud of their moms--and a gold medal is total proof. I'm definetely not a great runner but my hood to coast finishing medal has the kids thinking I am. It's wonderful to hear of couples that have been together for many years!