Wednesday, July 8, 2009

American Girls

Happy Fourth of July! I kept the tradition of running the 5K CAT walk which is a funraiser for cancer research. Dave and the girls cheered me on from Bagley Park and they anxiously awaited the start of the Hillboro parade. I really think they could care less about the actual floats, it is the candy that really matters! To kill time before the parade the kids played on all the park equipment like the slide, the merry-go-round, the tire swing etc. After my run, I came walking up and Aurora is laying on the round acting pretty sick. Evidently she had way to much of a good thing, namely the merry-go-round. She kept telling us she was going to throw up. She felt better for a while and then came back to lay down. The threat of everything coming up seemed eminent! Eventually her body gave in and let it all go! Perfect timing, right before the parade started. She felt much better afterwards. The kids sat on the curb and watched the hour and a half parade and gathered about two pounds of candy each.




Max and Avery eating blueberries out of their cupholder burning time before the parade starts.






Our neice McKenna flew in from Utah to stay with us for a week. This is her fourth year! We love having her smiling face and easy going personality.

Our girls also recieved "American Girl" dolls from Grandma DeAnn. They picked out which doll they wanted and ordered the girls online. The week was very long for two anxious little girls. Myah said, "Mom I just want my American Girl doll to come, that is all that I can think about!" When we received the tracking number, it only told us they would come on Friday. The girls were constantly looking out the window for the UPS man. He finally showed up at about two. Here are a few pictures! Thanks Grandma!



/>

3 comments:

morganators said...

they are so cute! I was glad I got to see them yesterday, what a great present!

Julie said...

American Girls are a big hit at our house. Ryan's mom is the giver there. . . what a great thing for a grandma to do. Now for Christmas or birthdays they sometimes get accessories.

Thomas said...

Great update Gabe. I love seeing all the pics of all the fun times.