Tuesday, October 11, 2011

General Conference and Fall in Utah

We traveled to Utah for General Conference.  We have been to the conference center a few times, but never taken the official tour.  It was very enlightening and inspiring!  What a testimony of the pioneers and the church.  We love going to Utah to see Dave's family, the BIG Utah hair and the numerous augmentation billboards they have along I-15!

The amazing glass work at the top of the conference center.  It reminded Dave and I of the amazing snowflakes there in the winter time.

The Nissinens joined us for the trip.  This is the top of the building where there are four acres of native landscape.  It was a beautiful day and pretty hot, about 86 degrees.

Cooper looking at the fountain water, just briefly resisting!

We drove up to Powder Mountain ski resort, about 8000 feet.  Another beautiful day in Utah!
Our silly funny face picture!


We stopped at Dave's old stomping grounds, South Fork River.  I am not sure the South Fork of what?  I have only ever heard South Fork.  I guess I need to look it up on a map!  The water was freezing. I can't believe Avery is standing in it.

Dave was taking random shots without warning.  Thanks honey!

Avery freezing her feet off!

A boy and his stick.  We had to bring it home.  We LOVE rocks and sticks in the car!

Cooper was a trooper, we drug him all around.  Gratefully he did not get sick and loved running around everywhere.

Dave took the girls to the BYU vs. USU football game.  I did not want to torture myself taking Cooper.  They loved it and were some of the very few in the nosebleed section cheering for the Aggies!  

Myah sporting her team.

Did I say nosebleed section?  This picture is with Dave's phone, but still!

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Looks like a awesome trip. You got some great pictures.