Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sun Valley, Idaho

Whohooo-our old stompin' grounds.  The executive decision was made by non-other than Dave in order to celebrate his 40th brithday we must go skiing.  Together.  By ourselves.  No kids.  One more time-No kids.  I was easily convinced.  We lived in Hailey almost ten years ago and have only been back once and we were way over due.  A really quick plane flight and only a 15 minute drive to Mt. Baldy!  WOW!  At home we are just getting settled in after 15 minutes for our 2 hour drive to Meadows.  Delightful!  Two great days of skiing. On Friday I would guess to say there were only 300 people skiing.  No lines, no people on runs, no waiting! We even left the resort for lunch and we were back skiing in 30 minutes.  We had great sushi with some old friends Friday night.  Thanks a million to the Browns, Shaws and Cannons for helping us out so we could go without children.  


Imagine-Sunshine in Sun Valley!  

You've got to love the self-portraits on the chair lift and other locations.

A cute little sun right outside of the Sun Valley Lodge.

Well I kind of look like I just woke up.  I loved that all their pavers in their sidewalks are heated.  As a result there was never the slush on their sidewalks.

One of the four lodges at Mt. Baldy.  They are beautiful!





This photo was taken at the Round house.  This is the original lodge that has been there since 1936.  Sun Valley was the first ski hill to get chair lift in the United States in 1936.  This lodge is fine dining and they serve lunch and dinner up there.   We did not eat there.  It is almost circular and has windows almost all around the whole building.  This give a magnificent near 360 degree view of the valley.  

2 comments:

kate n. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kate n. said...

OK, what I'm trying to say is:
You guys look so happy and at home up there on the slope! Beautiful scenery too!