Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Japanese Encounter











Myah was elated when she had the opportunity to dress up at Epcot in a Kimono. As I went to check in for our dinner, Dave was hanging out with the girls in the Japanese gift store. When I left, the girls were ohhing and ahhing over the " Hello Kitty" paraphernalia, the origami and the amazing puzzles they had. We hadn't made it to the "pick your own pearl out of an oyster" or the whole kimono area yet. When I came back down to the gift store, Dave was in the very back with the girls and Myah was being pampered on by this cute girl from Japan. She even put an amazing hair comb and the cool flip flops on. We then went to dinner and had some amazing sushi and rolls and headed back down to the store-our girls couldn't get enough. We looked a little longer and tried to leave. As we are leaving both Aurora and Myah are begging to pick an oyster and get their own pearl out of it. They were completely mesmerized by this for about the last 10 minutes in the store. Usually at 7 and 8 we can persuade them out of "things", but Dave nor I were getting anywhere with our usual tactics. I honestly thought Myah was going have a nervous breakdown if she was not able to pick a pearl. We quickly walked back into the Japanese gift shop for the fourth time, paid for the pearls and then waited in line for a few minutes and then watched Aurora's and Myah's eyes light up as they picked their pearl. The top picture is the cute Japanese girl shucking the oyster. Whew, what a night!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Looks like now you are all set and ready for a trip to the real country. At this age it is easier to use logic and talk the out of things. . . except when the absolutely have their minds made up. Then there's no hope. . .

Tonya said...

Myah looks lovely. What a neat memory the girls will have of picking their very own pearl.

morganators said...

I think I would have reacted just like the girls. That is so cool to anticipate what your pearl will look like~ I'm glad they got to do that fun little thing!