Sunday, September 4, 2011

Kayaking on the Upper Stillwater Lake


While in Kalispell we traveled up to the Upper Stillwater.  We were the only people on the lake.  It was absolutely beautiful, peaceful and calming.  My brother Nate, his wife Maile and my parents enjoyed the beauty with us.  How lucky  and blessed we are.

Hanging out with my Dad and Mom.

Dave and Nate had a great time braving the cool water.  I was already a little cold and did not get in despite Dave's pressure!

There is a pretty decent current where the log jam is left over from the old logging camp.  Dave continued to try to get to  the top, but the current won out!



We jumped around on all the old residual logs to walk across the river.

Maile is the woman for timers on anything.  With just one quick look, I was able to figure mine out and snap a few group pictures.  Thanks for the inspiration Maile!

1 comment:

kate n. said...

Awesome pictures, Gabe! I'm glad you updated. How do you get your pictures so big on your blog? Maybe you can email me your secret.