Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thanksgiving and the Christmas Tree


My awesome younger sister Audrey eating the turkey leg. I think Dave and I have mastered the turkey.  I have always been OK with turkey, but now with brining and our handy, dandy Treager,  I love Thanksgiving turkey and so does everyone else.   We had plenty of amazing food and true to Thomas style we had more desserts than anything.
Avery surfaced for a few minutes during Thanksgiving.  Guess what?  She was hungry when we said it was time to head home!  I think she was too busy playing and not busy eating. 
A cute picture of my mom and Audrey.  We were starting to play to play this hilarious game that my sister Laura  and her husband Ryan introduced us to!  One of the rounds you can only use charades to describe famous people.  The best part was my Dad cupping where breast should be to describe Lady Gaga.  I don't even think he knows who she is.  I laughed until I had tears!


Here is Audrey in action during the game.

Dave and I both delightfully full after a great Thanksgiving dinner with my family.

Cooper's favorite part of Thanksgiving!

Switching gears a little and two days later.  We have a fabulous place in Buxton to get $10 Christmas trees.  We were joined by the Nissinens -somehow I didn't get any pictures of them and my parents!   The owner kept trying to help us by offering his chain saw.  He is the nicest man.  My kids get way to into cutting down our Christmas tree to use a chainsaw!


We kind of look like is was cold, but it was a beautiful 50 degree day!


True to his 20 month old self, Cooper just wanted to run around, get muddy, swing on swings, teater on the toter, get muddy some more and maybe, just maybe look at a Christmas tree.

We are so lucky to have my Mom and Dad visit us frequently.  With all four of my siblings in the Portland area, my parents find themselves traveling down from Montana about every 6-8 weeks.  I love their cute matching jackets!


Hmmmmm???  I am not sure this is a good idea.

No comments: