Thursday, July 12, 2012

4th of July

We have kind of made a tradition of running Hillsboro's 5K CAT walk/run and then watching the parade on the fourth of July.  The girls and I have run/walked while Dave grabs a place for us the watch the parade and watches Cooper.

Bagely park swings, a great place for a two year old to spend a long time.


You can see Aurora and Myah here, they added to their bib number a green "running in honor" for  and they put their Grandpa on both sides and Grandma, because they have all had cancer and the 5K is a cancer awareness run.

Assessing the candy quantity so far!

Myah is pointing to the "Shawn Lindsay" sticker.  He is my cousins's husband and we are lucky to have them live not too far away.  He was in the parade and came right over and gave them stickers.

Cooper loved his "baby flag."



If you can't tell from the last two pictures, Cooper thought much of the parade was too loud.

A knuckle bump with the blueberry!

Myah, Avery and Aurora all ran the 5K.  I should have done a better job at training them.  Myah left the pack and ran it in 30 minutes and Avery, Aurora and I came in at a little over 36 minutes.  Great job girls!

1 comment:

Mark and Robyn Family said...

I love the picture of Cooper plugging his ears! That is cool they had Mom,Dad and Don's name on their number.